The Discam is a unique grinder and screen system, which offers a much more effective and low maintenance alternative to handling screenings than conventional systems.
With the ability to capture up to 95% of solids at 5mm or 9mm aperture sizes, this innovative solution combines a self-cleaning screen with a high torque grinder. No manual attendance or cleaning is required and disposal costs for handling debris extracted by traditional screening processes is eliminated.
The Discam is constructed using a series of shafts, two of which are fitted with interleaving cutters and spacers to give ‘positive displacement’ solids grinding, while the remaining shafts are fitted with overlapping and intermeshing discs.
Easily retrofitted into existing sewage pump stations or inlet works, as well as installed in new build facilities, this high performance package is suitable for almost any type of waste water facility.
- Power savings, elimination of manual handling and associated transport costs, odor control and automated operation are all achieved when installing a Discam to replace conventional screening systems to existing or proposed submersible pump stations
- Intermeshing discs give a self-cleaning screen
- Ability to remove up to 95% of solids at the given aperture sizes
- Grinder allows liquid to pass through the cutter stacks, filtering, trapping, and macerating the entrained solids
- Lower cutter tip speeds dramatically reduce impact load
- Slow speeds also ensure low noise and vibration and good abrasion resistance
- Screening apertures at 5 and 9 mm available
- 1000mm, 1500mm and 2000mm channel depth options
- Pump station screening
- Inlet works screening